Sunday, October 15, 2006

Beacon Journal betrays its readers with DeWine endorsement

I could sense it coming. The overwhelming need to commit to corporate interests rather than to the working class citizens of this city and county is what drives the current ABJ ownership and editorial board. I knew it was going to happen, and yet to read it today still sickens me no end.

It does make it clear that I will never subscribe to this paper, much as I want to support my favorite hometown journalists. Maybe it is better that they find work elsewhere and let the Sun papers take over in each neighborhood. (The Sun papers have endorsed Sherrod Brown.)

The Beacon endorsement makes it clear in its closing paragraph that it is pro-globalization. The sad fact of the matter is that "globalization' is really a term for ripping off the rest of the world so Americans can grow even fatter. That's why the Beacon likes Mike. That's why they fear Brown.

No comments: