Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Attack of the Attack Ads

They are everywhere! Glossy fliers tumble out of the mail box. Ugly expressions interrupt my television viewing pleasure on every channel. Even Radio Free Ohio is infested with Republican attack ads.

I keep looking at the calendar, urging the days to come quicker so we can be finished with this election cycle. Can't we do it now? Let's vote today -- Sherrod Brown is up by 12 points. Important voices on the radio tell me there could very well be a Democratic landslide in Ohio! This isn't a dream, is it?

2004 election day started off so good. The buzz on the radio as I drove home for lunch was that exit polls were showing Kerry all the way. But by the time I got home from work, it was gloom descending into doom.

The waiting is killing me -- are there really people left who haven't made up their minds? Will the Republicans GOTV and Stay the Course? Tune in this weekend, as I go canvassing one more time.

No comments: