Saturday, April 07, 2007

Ironic sign of spring

The Freeze custard stand on East Ave. in Kenmore was open today. In the middle of snow showers, lines of customers stood at the windows! I didn't have my camera with me, unfortunately.

In other local news, the Montrose Barnes and Noble had a small table of "green issues" books on display today. I bought two of them:

It's Easy Being Being Green, A Handbook for Earth-Friendly Living by Crissy Trask

The Carbon Buster's Home Energy Handbook, Slowing Climate Change and Saving Money by Godo Stoyke.

I'll be reading these books full of practical tips this week instead of making plans to attend Step It Up, Akron -- a rally for Climate Action taking place a week from today. Thanks to Pho, I found this out today. You'd think that something this important might have been advertised a wee bit more around this town....sheesh.

No comments: