Friday, January 11, 2008

End of the Week Musings

Heck of a week for political theatre. I for one, am glad the show didn't end in only one short act, comprised of two scenes. We though Iowa was thrilling, little knowing what amazing plot developments would come out of New Hampshire.

The bumpersticker you see pictured here at the Village Green, has been riding around on my vehicle since the day after Kerry lost in 2004. I was madder than all get out and wanted to put something out there to double-whammy hex all those Bush/Cheney stickers. I made a couple dozen of these stickers to send out to my Happy Hour Atheist and Agnostic mailing list friends. Half said "Obama/Clinton," the others said "Clinton/Obama." It didn't really matter to me what order the names were it. What mattered was that these two names would make Republicans shudder. I can't tell you how tickled I am that these two names are now the top choices for the Democratic party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The weather in NE Ohio has been ridiculously bizarre, even by our usual standards of unpredictability. Upper 60s and bright sunshine as the week began interspersed with high volume wind storms. Obie, the huskador retriever, is shedding heavily -- in the depths of winter when he normally wears his luxurient thick double coat out into the snow storms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just to let you know, VegiTerranean does really good take-out meals. I zipped over there to pick up a lunch via the Innerbelt. My goal for 2008 is to try everything at least once on their menu. For the record, today I went with the Tuscan "steak" panini with delicious vegetables and sauce. It came with a side of white bean salad and was portioned so generously I could save half to take home for dinner.

No, I'm not getting paid to plug the restaurant. I just think it is really cool that there is an actual vegan restaurant in Akron. It would be really fun to have an Akron blogger's meet up there some evening. What say you all?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, a meetup there would be fun. I need to get back to Pho & Redhorse about that, I'm wayyyy behind on email.

Anonymous said...

I think I'd be in for that. We went to Vegeterranean on Friday night, so I'll have to let my wallet recover before I'm able to go again. :) The food was delicious! I had a mushroom pasta, which was amazing. I'll write up a review this week.

Anonymous said...

Tell Obie to watch out for fleas. This warm weather is causing fleas to hatch and grab onto our furry friends. I've heard of 2 cases of fleas in the last week or so. Not happy about that.