Thursday, July 12, 2007

A visitor to the Village Green

This grand creature hung out in my back yard all afternoon, sipping at the zinnias and the purple cone flowers (echinacea).

This angle gives us a tail display to frighten away all the predators -- looks like a vampire owl from Mordor!

I've been commenting over at Pho's Akron Pages about Dennis Kucinich. The New Republic published a pretty dismissive article about Dennis, which I admit I just skimmed through, my gorge rising and steam pouring out of my ears!

I don't care if people disagree with his ideas, but I really don't like it when he's treated with derision or as some kind of joke. Yeah, it gets kinda personal-- I had a Dennis Kucinich bumper sticker on my vehicle for the 2004 primary season. And I'll tell you why here at the Village Green tomorrow.

No comments: