Sunday, July 15, 2007

On Hiatus

The Village Green will remain open for your archival reading pleasure throughout the month of July, but new posting is suspended until August. I've got some other things to do and need to shut down all the distractions in order to get them done.

This last half of July would appear to be the best time to take a break. It looks like nobody is going to move on ending the war, what with President Donkey still braying "stay the course" and the Democrats still outnumbered and baggaged with gutless Republicans. Congress will be going on vacation soon. The Iraqi government has already begun their month long vacation. The killing will continue no matter what. I need a break from gasping in horror at the violence, the ignorance and the greed.

I also want to take time away from online and cable news so that I can have the pleasure of reading the final Harry Potter (to be mailed to my door via Amazon.UK) without having the ending revealed.

If the world shows signs of coming to an immediate end, I'm sure my Happy Hour Atheist and Agnostic friends will shoot me an email while my mom is bound to give me a call! Anyway, I will be engaged in a lot of off-line writing for the next two weeks. Looking forward to finishing those things up so I can be more present here in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It looks like nobody is going to move on ending the war, what with President Donkey still braying "stay the course" ... "

LOL.

Have a nice holiday!

microdot said...

Hi Valerie!
We are blog friends from a French blog called pourquoi pas.

I can barely find time for anything but summer! Mow the lawn, pick vegetables, have a barbecue, ride the bike, entertain guests, try to read, try to make art, try to write, walk the dog, walk the dog, walk the dog............

happy summer!