Monday, January 19, 2009

Celeste Family article in the NYT and other inaugural thoughts

A very nice profile of several generations of Ohio's Celeste family, headed to the inaugural. I'm sure they are not the only Democratic family that struggled throughout the primaries. Check it out here.

Too bad the inauguration is on a work day. I've decided that my students and I will view it in real time during drama classes. After all, it is a giant spectacle that employs a lot of entertainment industry people to pull it off. Beyond the networks and all the media on and off camera workers, you have the crews who erect the stage, design the setting, and deal with audience issues.

I'm also sure we can discuss things like techniques of speech writing and delivery in ways that go beyond partisan debates. At least, that's the lesson plan!

No comments: